Sunday, July 3, 2011

Check In With your Attitude

We all have days that no matter how perfect our surroundings are outside, our feelings inside just don't match. When I was younger and trying to "find myself" I remember telling my dad that I wanted to move away somewhere and start fresh with a new job and new city. What he said to me has stuck with me and that was to remember, that no matter where I go I have to go with myself. It was the perfect comment because it was entirely true. The town I lived in or the job I held weren't the problem. My attitude and outlook were the real issue. On the days that you wake up and just feel restless or blah inside, take a deep breath and check in with your attitude. Find 5 things that are good with the day. The sun is shining,the next issue of your favorite magazine is available, maybe Starbucks is offering their yummy holiday flavors etc. There are always good things around us even when it feels easier to focus on everything that is wrong. You have the power to steer your mood in a brighter direction. This process gets easier the more we do it. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment