Monday, July 25, 2011

Once you start to bask it will come to you naturally

When you first decide to really bask in each day and each moment that you experience, you may find that it is a very conscious effort. When you are driving you are likely in a hurry trying to deal with the traffic around you or your tight schedule. Most of us think about our next appointment, our busy agenda or whatever is weighing on our mind as we hurry along on our drive. Take a moment to stop your busy thoughts and look around at the scenery and buildings around you. Today I stopped to bask and realized how beautiful the sun and the blue sky looked and really savored how amazing the architecture was in a beautiful church I passed by. Since I started truly basking in each moment I have found that everywhere I go I naturally notice the details of each experience. For example,I have seen our nightlight in our hallway hundreds of times but this week when I walked down the dark hallway to check on the kids, I noticed the beautiful shadow that was reflecting on the wall. It's fleeting moments here and there that happen so quickly that I often don't realize until afterward how much this basking technique has really started to become part of me. I went into a local italian resturant that has been around for years and since I was placing a carry out before the dining room was open, they had me go into the back/kitchen entrance. While I was waiting for our order I looked around at this operation and realized that so much planning and work goes into the creation of these wonderful meals that we are served and so while I ate my meal I really basked in the love that went into our order while I savored each bite. Your entire attitude will change once you start to bask in these little details around you and I think you will find yourself doing it more and more each day because it will start to become part of you and your routine. I am truly enjoying each moment that I bask in and I hope you will too.

1 comment: