Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 52. Buy A Gift For Your Future

Years ago I lived in an apartment that was barely big enough to have a few visitors over let alone to entertain in. I had dreamed of hosting holidays and occasions and even though I knew I would have to wait until I had more space, I started collecting accessories to use when the time was right.

This past weekend I hosted a large family brunch and decided to put pre-made basic coffee out in addition to the flavored Keurig option. I found two perfect coffee urns in my cupboard and I was excited to use them for the first time. During the brunch my Gram asked where I got such perfect carafes and I told her that I had bought them more than 12 years ago in hopes of someday having a use for them.

Sometimes you have to believe in your future dreams so much that you start making them reality before they are actually ready to come true. Buy yourself a small token for your future. A little something that symbolizes a goal. When it does become reality you will be excited both because you get to use your trinket and because you will get to reflect on just how far you have come.



1 comment: